Sunday, September 6, 2009

Compulsive, Morbid Workaholic

My name is Brianne Hovey, and I am a recovering workaholic. I recently just took a leap of faith and quit my job as a full time employee in the work force. I am creating balance in my life, and change IS happening. My sister, who is a massage therapist, has recently started a new modality that is called Jin Shin Jitsu (more on this below), that is helping me find this balance and peace in my life. The thing that came up tonight was regarding my liver being overworked- described as compulsive, morbid, workaholic. Could anybody describe me better!?! Well, at least the old me. I am finding that work is addicting, and it is a constant pull. There are so many addictions out there, and my addiction has been work.

So, I have made a conscience choice in the last couple weeks to CREATE balance! I am sleeping better- even taking naps when my son does, I am exercising more and finding time to read and recharge. I can't believe the ABUSE I have put my body through the last 5 years with travel and the stressful load of work! I am sure grateful for my body for carrying me through as well as it did.

ITS TIME TO HEAL
, if you are feeling overworked, overstressed, exhausted, or depressed- here are some ideas that might help you move to a new place.

Body therapy
My new favorite is Jin Shin Jitsu, it is a Japanese body modality that helps to move blocked energy in your organs and meridians. It is Amazing! Truely, I have never felt such movement, as I do with JinShin. Some other great ones that focus on the energy meridians include, acupuncture, acupressure, shiatsu and reflexology.

Lets not forget the miracle of touch- Massage. Remember how essential it is stop and relax. Massage helps to detoxify, helps with circulation, helps with muscle tension, and most importantly helps you reconnect with your body to your mind and your spirit. I had a really good friend start having chronic migraines. Nothing she did helped. I did some cranial sacral (modality that works with the bones surrounding the brain) and within a 30 minute session her migraines went away. You don't have to stay in the pain!

Good Food. Food is therapy. Do a cleanse and start new with eating habits.

CALL DAVE. Dave, at Dave's Health and Nutrition in SLC, UT takes daily (FREE) phone calls at 12pm MST. He listens to your concern- anything from headaches to depression and will tell you an herb, homeopathic, or supplement you can take to support your body. He is awesome! His number is 801-483-9024.

There are SO many ways to move past pain, discomfort or the feeling of being "stuck" that you might be experiencing right now. The point is to just make a step. One step. Even if it is taking a walk in the middle of the day when your mind and body need a break from the computer or going to bed early instead of picking up the house. I hear ALL THE TIME people say, there is nothing you can do, while in pain, discomfort or distress. But really there are SO many things you can do! I am on this journey, right this very moment. I am happier than I have been in a very long time and yet I still have chains that bind me. It is a constant effort to take care of myself. I leave you with a quote I LOVED, that my sister told me tonight. It puts into perspective my ultimate goal...
-PURIFY NOW, PERFECTION LATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment